Win7 Problem?

Need assistance with your projects? Have questions about a certain feature? Use this forum for any questions you have about AutoRun Typhoon.

Moderator: Typhoon Software

Win7 Problem?

Postby ericlaforte » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:39 pm

I recently installed Win7 x64 Ultimate on a MacPro. Typhoon installed fine, and when I checked for updates I was informed I had the most up-to-date version.

Every time I run AutoRun, the program launches fine and I can work within my project (old or new) fine. Then, without any real warning, I get an error stating "AutoRun Typhoo has stopped working". "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the Program and notify you if a solution is available." This happens at different intervals, and even if I'm not currently attempting to work within the program or update a project, as such, no actions can be pinpointed as a problem. I have to be very careful to save every time I make a change to my project so I don't lose my progress.

The program was working fine with my previous x64 Vista Ultimate install on the same MacPro. I have the properties set on the shortcut I use to launch to always "run as administrator".
ericlaforte

Re: Win7 Problem?

Postby Typhoon Software » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi Eric,

Try right-clicking on the icon when you start the program and select 'Run as Administrator'. This hasn't happened with other customers so I am guessing that there might be software on this computer that is conflicting with AutoRun. Try a simple project on another machine to check. Also make sure you are working on a local hard drive and not on the network.
Phil
Typhoon Software
Typhoon Software

Re: Win7 Problem?

Postby Typhoon Software » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:03 pm

To update: The current limit for protected files is 2GB, we are working on doubling this for the next release. This is the cause of the problem.
Phil
Typhoon Software
Typhoon Software

Return to AutoRun Typhoon Discussion